Our vision is to build a fully open sourced (Under Apache 2.0) storage abstraction that production-ready, high performance, and vendor-agnostic.
We plan to build a storage abstraction beyond the existing storage services which provides:
- Cross storage service through uniform interface.
- Cross cloud application upon our library.
Beyond Storage is a storage abstraction beyond the existing storage services.
For now, we are focus on the following projects:
- dm: The data migration services based on Beyond Storage.
In the further, we will
- Support as many as services we can, see more in Service Integration Tracking.
- google drive
- Bring this idea to as many as languages we can:
- Build applications upon our library
- object storage services (works like an API gateway)
- fuse (userspace file system, allow user to mount a storage service as local path)
- migration (allow to migrate data between storage services)
- backup (allow backup data between storage services)
- management (allow manage data between storage services)