Triggering the jobs that will push the new gems by following the steps below.
- Ensure you have the latest merged changes:
git checkout masterand
- Switch to a new branch from master to do the release modification:
git checkout -b <branch name>.
- Update the
compareto find the changes to the previous version.
- Push the release branch then start a new pull request.
- Check the pull request for dependency update opened by
Dependabotand merge the updated dependency branch into the release branch if necessary:
git merge dependabot/xxx.
Dependabotwill resolve conflicts and close the pull request for dependency update as long as you don't alter it yourself.
- You should add the dependency upgrade into the
- Create a tag after the release branch merged into master:
git tag <tag name>and
git push origin <tag name>.